Water safety at the Beach
14 Steps to Safe Swimming.
Hi Kids, we all hope you have a great time at the beach this summer. But before you go make sure you know the 14 steps to safe swimming. It is very important to remember how to keep safe at the beach.
- Swim with others and never alone.
- Don't swim just after eating.
- Never swim when you are hot or tired.
- Avoid swimming in strange places.
- Never swim out after drifting objects.
- Be careful not to stay in the water too long. You may get cold.
- Never swim out to sea. It's a long way back!
- Always swim parallel and close to the shore.
- Do what the lifeguard tells you.
- Never use air mattresses.
- Pay close attention to signs on the beach.
- Don't be a bully.
- Learn to use equipment before trying it out.
- Learn Basic Life Support.